Hey, I got a few feature requests for GRLevel3. I don't know if these will work or not, so here goes.
1. What about "Smooth Panning"? Instead of holding down mouse button to pan, you should click on a location and it'll slide you to that area, centering to the location where you panned.
2. How about an option to center cities instead of using dots to show where they are? The display looks a lot better if you ask me. Here is an example of what I'm talking about: http://www.thebostonchannel.com/wxmap/9 ... etail.html
3. If a city doesn't fit completely on the current radar screen, why not make it so that the city doesn't display unless it does fit completely? This could clean up the cities on the radar.
4. Customizeable default view - what I mean by this is that you should be able to make the default view to whatever you want it to be. And if you clicked the "No Zoom" button, it would bring up your default view.
5. Temperature/wind speed/etc overlays. Maybe an option to put different layers on the map, such as temperatures, wind speeds, etc from certain reporting stations, like you see on many radars.
6. Fullscreen image - I think the admin said this was something he was cosidering, but a fullscreen image would work good for TV presentations, so the city and the radar don't look really tiny on TVs.
7. A "drawing mouse". You can use it to draw on the radar, such as circling certain storm cells or something else. Maybe the drawing color could be customizeable.
8. Let's say snow and rain is in your area. On most radars, green is rain, pink is mix/ice, and white is snow. Does GRlevel3 separate the rain from the snow? Doing this would make using the radar during a snowstorm a lot easier, since you'll be able to tell where the rain is and where the snow is.
9. City clean up. If you haven't already, zoom into the NYC area so that it shows all the populated cities. Wow, you don't know how messed up everything looks. Cities overlapping one another, etc. Something that can hopefully be into consideration.
Admin, if you're reading this, sorry to be a little pain. You don't have to implement these if you don't want to, but the majority of these would always be a cool thing to ahve, especially on Grlevel3.